Search My Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Going larger than 35mm..

A couple months back, I took the plunge venturing into film photography. The chosen format, medium. My first medium format camera is a Yashica MAT124G that shoots in 6x6cm format.


My New Toy!


Yashica MAT124G is the last model of the Yashica TLR. TLR stands for Twin Lens Reflex where it uses 2 lenses, one for viewing, one for shooting. Made between 1970 till 1986, this camera is basically a copy of Rolleiflex, hence similarities in controls configuration. Equipped with a built-in lightmeter, Yashica MAT124G is a perfect tool to start your journey into the medium format world.

Lovely camera, takes both 120 and 220 type films be it. Market price is around RM650-850 for a used unit, depending on condition.

I've been shooting for a couple months now with my Yashica MAT124G, and I'm loving it!
Will share some of the works soon =)

7 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

wah finally an update to the blog, but with old news! :P

libpuritan said...

ah, someone's going way beyond my budget. grin. =)

Kurt said...

Yeah yeah..1.6x crop, then FF, then this....show off :D :P

Larry said...

Oh envious!! I've never tried medium format and really I dont have the money to go down that road now-film is soo expensive now!

Marco Crupi said...

Hi, I am the owner of the blog of photography http://photographymc.blogspot.com/

I have added in the favorite, I would like an exchange links with you.

In my photography blog articles on photographic techniques, Photoshop tutorials, digital cameras and photomontage.

Tell me what do you think.

Kurt (aka OrionMystery) said...

Er. so do you still use your 5D? Sell to me leh :D

Amino @ Lordmint said...

Nick - Hahahahaha!
Steph - Actually, the cost of gears are cheaper.. it's just the operational costs that kills :P
Kurt - Hahahaha.. there's another entry that'll blow your mind :P