Search My Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Perhentian Island IV - Serenity

My trip to Perhentian (Kecil) Island this year proved to be a fruitful one. Having shot both in film (mainly) and digital medium, I have managed (my personal view) to capture the essence of beauty, serenity and tranquility of the island. For those who haven't gone to Perhentian, you need to go at least once in your lifetime. It's a beautiful place, a place where it's exactly the opposite of bustling city atmosphere. Take a break, go on a short holiday, head off to Perhentian. I know I'll be going there again in 2011.

Serenity

Serenity, Perhentian Kecil, July 2010
Hasselblad 553ELX | CZ 50mm Distagon
Fuji Acros 100 | Rodinal (1:50) 13mins @ 20C

This shot was done on film medium, on a long exposure (~8-10secs), low tide, sunset (more like a hidden set, the sun decided to descend behind the clouds). I loved this shot. I've printed it and framed it.

2 comments:

Hong CN said...

I started to explore little in analogue end - your captures triggered me to extend - racun lor! :-)

Amino @ Lordmint said...

Analogue is a very personal affair. You get attached to it so much, perhaps its because by nature, you'll think and plan and double check (and sometimes double check again!) everything before you trigger.

Welcome to the other side :)